There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Van FULL of Kids with no A/C, & A Chorus Concert

So...
How's everybody been doing? Me? I'M GOING INSANE!!!
Ok, let me start over

Today we went and picked Girl Child up from ECU Summer Choral Camp!!! Sounds exciting right? Let's see if I can make it even more exciting...
WE piled:  Me, Hubby, Man-Child, Cala, Things 1, 2 &3 in our van without A/C. And set off on a 2 hour trip WITHOUT A/C.....
Want a recipe for disaster? I got the formula....Put 5 kids, plus 2 adults into a van without a/c and make them drive for 2 hours, trying real hard not to get their Church Clothes messed up equals....the recipe for disaster!!!!!
By the time we got there, not ONE of us could stand the other....And to top it off, we WERE LATE!!! 12 minutes to be exact!!! Then we had to try to sneak in without being noticed....Yeah right!!!

But the 30 minutes of the concert was BEAUTIFUL!!!! We are talking about The Best Of The Best (of middle school and high schoolers)who were singing their hearts out. Talking about being blown away....I get chills just thinking about it. The amazing Dr. Andrew Crane was directing it and he was FANTASTIC....
I have to give my thanks to Girl-Childs AMAZING Chorus Teacher Mrs. Boutwell, who got her in 5th grade for a one time performance, and totally changed my Girl-Child's life!!! She had been with Mrs. Boutwell since the 5th grade...all the way through the 8th!!! My Girl-Child now has a purpose in life (her words, not mine) and she knows what she want's to be and do. And Mrs. Boutwell made that happen. We are going to continue to encourage Girl-Child to do good in school, and give her all the extra's that we can to help her continue in her Growth....

When we arrived home (we still couldn't stand each other LOL) everybody went their own way and continued doing the things that they do....But Girl-child wanted me to see all her notes, and see her sheet music, and OMG she learned how to conduct, and see this right here mom, it's a high A note, and her roomates are amazing, and she ate this, and that, and she did this..and OMG their was this one guy.....On and On....And when she finally took a breath (geesh, these Chorus girls can go without air for a while) I asked her if she really learned anything.........Because this camp WASN"T Cheap...... And she answered me in her most grown-up voice. "Of course Mother Dear, I learned Lots!!! But next year, I want the private singing lessons too".......*the private singing lessons cost more*..... Typical, right?
I love her to Death, and wouldn't have her ANY OTHER WAY!!!

Thanks Again, to My kids and Hubby for making the trip with me *btw, we are talking to each other now!*, and thanks to ECU, and Dr. Andrew Crane, and a Very special Thanks to Mrs. Boutwell, who took a ordinary girl and turned her mind on to music...We will be forever in you debt....

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment

If ya'll liked it leave a comment...
If ya'll didn't like it just leave :)