There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, August 25, 2012

I CHOKED MY CHICKEN :) THEN MET A BEAR

Choking my chicken.....

And meeting a bear.......

Don't you just LOVE my TITLE???

Before I start this story, I need to give you a little background on it. First of all for the past 3 nights, a bear has been coming all the way in our yard to the shed. I would say that this was a "teenage" bear......not like a grizzly bear or anything, just big enough to be really scary. All the neighbors had heard the noise the same time that we did, and it scared them too.....Our theory is that since we (all 3 of our neighbors) all had our backyards cut down and logged out of here,thus leaving the with out a hiding place our home that the bear's are MAD!!!!

Oh, and this one time me and my Crazy-Hubby were deer hunting in a tree stand and had been there for a long time and not seen anything, so we decided to leave....crazy-hubby told me to be perfectly still, so i froze, he pointed down, and low and behold there was a bear sitting under our stand....and it stayed there for about an hour or so, and don't you know that when you are frozen, that your noise itches, and your panties goes up your crack, and you have a cramp in your leg, and YOU CAN'T DO A  THING ABOUT IT BECAUSE THERE IS A STINKING BEAR UNDER YOU?  FYI we finally made it out of the trees 2 hours after we decided to leave the dear stand.~ ~ ~ ~ Just a little fun filled story I wanted to share~ ~ ~ ~

Now back your regular post.

So yesterday began just like any other normal day....or as ordinary as we get....
Then I sent the kids out to feed the chickens and the dogs.......and they came running back screaming that a chicken is out and it is bleeding.( I didn't think that the bear would come out in the day, so i sent them out there) I KNOW, I KNOW, BAD MAMA

Anyway I get dressed, it has started to rain......freakin' great. So since this is something that Man-Child takes care of, and he's gone for the weekend, so well it was up to me.

On the way to the chicken pen, I notice that one of our hunting puppies was on the roof of their pen...Now mind you that there pen is about 3 feet in to the air......So we make a detour, had to get wood and nails and make it where "KING HARRY POTTER" couldn't get out....p.s. we let our kids name our dogs.....
So we get that fixed, and i washed the poop out that had acquired overnight and we were done with that.

So off we go to CHOKE MY CHICKEN..... We (me and THING 1 who is 9) tried the "ole chase it to me trick"...didn't work. Then that darn chicken went into the prickly bush and I had to follow so it went like this:
ow ow ow ouch @#&%..... You get my drift.....

Finally I  CHOCKED  catch the chicken, which in and of itself was a miracle, because we had chickens when we were little and I was chasing a baby chick around and its Mother got ticked and pecked me on the forehead...So I put it our chicken back in the pen, and set about looking for how it got out in the first place. Wasn't to long and I found it....

SOMETHING, WE ASSUME THE BEAR, had actually just mauled the cage (thing a big square enclosure divided in half, with netting on all sides and the TOP.... Now remember that the TOP is covered in wire...
So I set about putting zip ties on the parts that was mangled. It wasn't easy and I noticed that the top was hanging really low, like something had been "on" it, or leaning "on" it.....So we (Thing 1 and I) went thru each netting and filled in the holes........and he doesn't really like the male chickens, cause the have the spurs on their feet and they peck really hard.....So after about an hour in the pouring rain, we were done. And we were Quite PROUD of our self's. 

Fast forward to about 8 pm right around when it gets almost dark, and we have our windows open cause *hello, no a/c this year* and we heard the same sound that we had hear the previous 2 nights, so I did what any loving wife does, I WOKE MY CRAZY HUBBY UP, ARM HIM WITH A GUN, AND A FLASHLIGHT, AND SENT HIS BUTT OUT THE DOOR...   ****What, I figure that if the bear eats him it would be one last mouth I have to feed****  Don't worry our neighbor had hear it to and was outside with a flashlight shined in the direction of the noise we heard....so my crazy-hubby went and searched all around the chicken cage, in the rain, but the mud made it too hard to see the marks, so we think he heard and or saw the neighbor or cray-hubby and took off.

After I explained how the fence looked, and the direction that the cage was opened, he said it had to be that bear trying to get a chicken and manged to get an arm in and pull our poor chicken(this chicken likes to stand on top of the chicken house making him an easy grab) out and it got hurt but got away, but then again we had turned the light on, and that may have scared the bear away......

Now, we will know not to send the little ones outside after dark, until WE KILL THAT DARN BEAR.....

CHOCKING MY CHICKEN AND MEETING A BEAR AT THE SAME TIME IS AWKWARD,
Jamie

p.s.
Our Football game got cancelled and it is being played tonight, so GO STALLIONS!!!



.




No comments:

Post a Comment

If ya'll liked it leave a comment...
If ya'll didn't like it just leave :)