There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, August 12, 2012

IF I COULD SLAP MY 17 YEAR OLD SELF, I WOULD

Ok, that last post have been in my "draft" box for a while....

And I felt like it was time to be "published"

Are all of you still with me?

If you are then here's my next post:

We have a 17 year old Man-child. That in and of itself does not bother me. So what does bother me?
The fact that at 17 I was married to my first husband...*not pregnant, Man-Child was not born until 1year and 9 months into the marriage*

I WAS FREAKING MARRIED Y'ALL....

I look at Man-child with wonder in my eyes and heart, because at his age I was married and graduating from high school and working 2 jobs.......AND I DON'T WANT THAT FOR HIM......

Thank God, that he is a Very good student and has a decent shot at getting into a real college......
And I Thank God every day that getting married is NOT EVEN ON HIS MIND.......
FOOT BALL IS, AND HANGING OUT WITH HIS BUDDIES IS......
Thank you GOD.

Then the 15 y/o girl/child.....I was 15 with a steady boyfriend of 3 years.....Hi, where ever you are W.M.G...and then he dumped me, so I went out with his best friend.... and then BAM........

I was 16 and was engaged!!!!

What if this happens to her? It won't It won't It won't!!! I keep telling myself....
She is a lot different than me, and marriage and babies are the last thing on her mind....

What i'm trying to say, is that I want so much more for them. I want them to go and FINISH college and get degrees ans jobs and all that boring and adult stuff.

I know that that is probably every mom and dad's dream, but i'm no different.....

I AM saying that getting married at 17 WAS a mistake, but 2 of the most wonderful gifts in the world I got from that marriage.

And I am happy to say that I am HAPPILY married now to my crazy hubby......and he gave me 3 of the most cutest, meanest, love their daddy and mommiest kids in the world that i'm crazy about.

And that my ex is Happily married to his wife.

So I guess that when all things considered, Neither me, nor my crazy hubby would take back our relationships with our ex's that led us to have 7 of the most wonderful kids in the world.......

So it's with anticipation that we wait to see what our teens have in store for them/us....

We hope they learn from our experiences and keep moving forward with their plans for college and all....

So in short, we hope that don't become just like US as we were as teenagers.... LOL

Anybody out there want to pull their hair out trying to remain calm as our Teenagers become adults?

If so, let me know....

I'LL CHOKE THE LIFE RIGHT OUT OF THEM IF THEY COME HOME ENGAGED AS TEENS,
Jamie...
a.k.a
mama with access to a gun






No comments:

Post a Comment

If ya'll liked it leave a comment...
If ya'll didn't like it just leave :)