There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Living in SURVIVAL MODE

What started off as an ordinary day, turned ANYTHING other than ordinary.

Around 2 years ago my Crazy-Hubby was diagnosed with DIABETES and EPILEPSY...
His blood sugar level was over 600....and the seizures were coming on the hour every hour....
While he was in the hospital for a week, we were in SURVIVAL MODE........
And when he came home,we were still running in Survival Mode, trying to navigate through the road to recovery.......

It's be over 2 years,  and we are still living in SURVIVAL MODE.....

Just coping with the fact that my Crazy-Hubby could have easily have died.....and that I had to take him kicking and screaming just to get him in the van to go to the E.R. in the first place...made it very easy to stay in SURVIVAL MODE........

Things like:

Dust on the walls,
dust on the picture frames....
and in general all those Little Things, that add up to Big things...well they just DON'T SEEM TO MATTER ANYMORE......

And now, over 2 years later I realize that we are still living in SURVIVAL MODE........

Does it work? Nope

Does it make you fell good inside to know that your house is trashed?  Nope

But the time that we spent bonding more as a family, and awaiting for the answers to WHY HIM? WHY US???????  

PRICELESS...

But now is the time to move on, and make a way through SURVIVAL MODE....into an ORDINARY MODE..... wait, what was I thinking??? We are so not ORDINARY....just ask our neighbors.... :)

And if you are wondering what I mean when I say we are Living In Survival mode?

It's like this......

You do the dishes
and take out the trash
you wash the clothes
you take a shower
you vacuum the carpet

And that's it....you find out that the Things that used to bother you, no longer do.....

Until it's been 2 years and your house looks like it needs to be demolished......

Kids go back to school in 8 days....

And then I'm gonna kick SURVIVAL MODE'S A$$

I'M NOT A PACK RAT, I'M NOT...I SWEAR,

Jamie





No comments:

Post a Comment

If ya'll liked it leave a comment...
If ya'll didn't like it just leave :)