There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

HOW DO I LET GO?

Letting go is a hard thing to do....a really hard thing to do.......

You may wonder what in the world I'm taking about, so here goes:

                                        Man-Child pictured here will be 18 in just 4 short  months!


And he is my baby......not in the literal sense because after him I went on to have 4 more babies.

But this Man-Child  MADE ME A MOTHER,  and that's a bond that I hope never breaks.

But I can see him pulling away from me (not in a disrespectful way).......just that he doesn't need me anymore.

And It breaks my heart. For birth to 18 months he WAS MY ONLY BABY......And we were inseparable.

Then Girl-child was born, and although she changed the dynamics of the house, for the most part it stayed the same.

Just last weekend, his friend (who shall remain nameless) asked us if him and Man-Child could go get his mom some groceries....We said "sure why not". I mean the friend is 19, and Dylan is 17 so what harm could that be.......They made it home safe.....

But just a few days later, that same "friend" and some of his "friends" AND Girl-Child's Boyfriend went muddin'. For y'all not from the south, that's where you take a crap truck and go muddin' and slipping and sliding, and you come out looking like you've been attacked by mud.....and the mud won....
Anyway, back to the story: The version I hear is that they were muddin somewhere they shouldn't have been and THEY ROLLED THE TRUCK OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM WAS NOT SEAT BELTED IN....AND SOME OF THEM GOT EJECTED FROM THE CAR........
None of them was seriously injured, just a broke wrist, cracked ribs, lots of bruises.....and oh yeah, 2 of them went to Jail. The one driving it, and the one who was the owner of the truck.
I know God intervenes when necessary because it just so happened that Man-Child was grounded that weekend and couldn't go!!!!!! Or else he would have been in the truck too........
I know these boys and they are not bad kids, they are just teenagers making stupid mistakes.....I was their age just a few short  years ago. And we did some crazy stuff, but to me this takes the cake.............
All of them got OSS, (out of school suspension).

And I know that Dylan wasn't with him and even if he would he would call me and his dad for help. He has done it before. It was a "frenemy" who was trying to hot wire a bulldozer from a construction site. So Dylan flags a lady down, and she is kind enough to let her use her phone. We have always told him that if he does something bad, if he tells us right away, there will be no questions asked until the morning when we've all had time to calm down.

But now since this happened it has scared  me to death. How am I supposed to know if I've taught him the right skills to go on in his life.

HOW DO I LET GO, AFTER SEEING WHAT NORMAL TEENAGERS DO ON A NIGHT THAT THEY GOT BORED?
* just want to say again that these are not bad boys, they rarely get in trouble at school, and behave as politely as a teenage boy can muster*

HOW DO I LET GO KNOWING THAT HE HAS THE RIGHT TO QUIT SCHOOL, MOVE OUT???

His Dad and I think that we have taught him well enough to do OK on his own...but 'm not ready to let go.

I probably need to say that Man-child has no desire to move out just yet, he has one more year of high school and he plays foot ball there. So I think I might have some time to try to convince myself that he will be OK........

NOT KNOWING HOW TO LET GO,
J

P.S.
Girl-Child's boyfriend was just along for the ride, and another buddy ran for help........

No comments:

Post a Comment

If ya'll liked it leave a comment...
If ya'll didn't like it just leave :)