There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, February 21, 2013

We should kiss, hug, and tell our kids that we LOVE them each and everyday....

We should kiss, hug, and tell our kids that we LOVE them everyday.....

I'll admit, that some days that I only say "I love You" in the morning before the bus comes, and at night when I'm tucking them in......and that's just the little ones......

The older ones are a different story......it's all 'EWW GROSS MOM, NOT IN FRONT OF MY FRIENDS" geesh.....sorry..

Or I will end a phone conversation with the older kids and I'll say "I LOVE YOU"...and they are all "uh-huh"......

But I think after what we learned yesterday, my crazy-hubby and I, just might tell them every stinkin' moment that they are with us. Every time we get a chance, we are gonna smother them with love.

We learned yesterday, that a good friend of ours (I'll call him C.W.) little boy went to be with Jesus.....
His whole family, besides his dad, was in a very bad car crash. I wont put the gory details in, but just imagine what the worst wreck you have ever seen and insert 3 little kids and a mama in it........

I'll give you a second to re-think that last sentence.

The other kids had minor injures and was treated and released.

But not this precious little boy...
It happened a few months ago, and the little boy was flown to Greenville, who has an awesome trauma ward.

He was alive, but was paralyzed from the neck down.

He was in and out of a coma.........

sometimes the little angel would open his eyes and look, but not really see.........

We can't even imagine the pain that this family is going through............If the pain that my husband and I feel is only a fraction of what they feel....then we don't know how we could go on.......

It's made us rethink a lot of things like:
Did I tell them I love them when I woke them up this morning?
Did I kiss them and tell them I loved them when they were eating their breakfast, or was I barking orders because the bus was gonna be there in 10 minutes, and for Pete's sake, nobody had put on shoes or even had backpack ready.....?
Did I tell them I love them and ask about their day at school when I picked them up from the bus, or did I just bark at them to sit down and buckle up......?

How about those teenagers? I wrote in an earlier post that one of my sons good friend and Girl-Child's boyfriend and 2 others flipped a SUV over 3 times and all were ejected from the car.....They all survived....

But what about my teenagers? Who don't won't to be told you love them/miss them.....or that you wanna spend time with them without their stupid cell phones going off every 2 seconds.....I mean really, who wants to know that you will BRB to take a potty break.......

How do I tell the teenagers that We love them so very, very, much and want so much for them to succeed in life, when they look at you like you are a helicopter mom.....flying all up in their business?

I know that our friend C.W. wishes that he could have these same questions about his precious baby boy....but he can't........He will NEVER get the chance to show him how to shoot a BB gun, or how to hunt deer, or how to drive a stick shift.........And we just don't know what we would do.........

I'd probably lay in the bed for weeks, not moving, not wanting anything but my baby back.

But the "silver lining" to all this grief, Is that he got to see the Face of God before we did. Now he can run and jump and play all day in Heaven......

His memorial will be Saturday........and until then our hearts will remain heavy.........
Please pray for his family.....

With a broken heart, not knowing what to say or how to react,

J


No comments:

Post a Comment

If ya'll liked it leave a comment...
If ya'll didn't like it just leave :)