There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, March 21, 2013

An Open Letter to my 16 year old Daughter


You light up my life......You give me hope to carry on....

From the very moment that I laid my bleary and weary eyes on you I knew you....I mean I knew you..
How life shattering is that?
And you looked at me, and I would love to say you were saying "oh mama, there you are"...........
but it was more like "Put me back in, and could you put some clothes on me dude?"
Just joking, you were just so quite, and I was so out of it that I didn't realize that something was wrong.......
They rushed you off, and my Anesthesiology doctor put some good cocktail drugs in my iv and everything went black......
You see, you weren't quite due just yet....but I had this bad feeling, and I made Mamaw and Papaw H come up to SC.....so I woke mama up and told her to take me to the hospital, that something just wasn't right.....
And told her not to wake anyone else up, because it was probably false labor...
Any way, My regular doctor was on vacation, and this wonderful female doctor came in and said she wanted  to get an ultrasound, since she's never seen me before....so in comes in the machine,...and there was a few ooohs and awwws....then silence.....then words and codes that I don't speak, but Mamaw H knows...
One look at her face told me everything, or so I thought.
My doc sat on my bed and said that they had to get you out now....that the placenta had detached and calcified which basically meant that it was dying and so were you.....they estimated that you had been at 50% oxygen for a few days......and we were going into the operating now.....
Lots of prayers were said.........
They got you out, and worked on you.....and I've watched the video of you and they just couldn't get you to cry......
Anyway, as soon as I saw you, really saw you in a non drug induced state, i realized that you looked JUST LIKE ME.....
And I Demanded that you be named Emily Michele.......with one L, just like me.....
Oh, you were a testy little newborn....hungry all the time.
But then at 6 weeks, I guessed you accepted you fate, that you actually belonged in this CRAZY FAMILY AND WAS LIKE FINE, PUT ME IN MY OWN BED TURN OFF THE LIGHT, TURN ON THE FAN, AND SHUT THE DOOR....
OH, AND GIVE ME MY BLANKIE TO SUCK ON.....

That's when I knew I was in trouble........

You wouldn't talk until you were almost 2...and when you did boy was I excited......ever since then, you haven't SHUT UP.....

You were the cutest little soccer player that there ever was.

You were also the cutest little tball player that there ever was.

Now you sing like and ANGEL always, act like a Devil sometimes.....

And you keep me and dad on our toes........

I see you growing up through a mother's eyes....
And he See's you growing up through a daddy's eye's.....which is scarier for him than me.....

You push us to the absolute limit, and then some......
You know what buttons to push to set us off......
And you have the puppy dog eyes that work on your dad......but not on me...
You can cut someone down with a single look (something you got from me)
You have a stiff right upper cut....
You can drive a four wheeler and wreck them with the best of them...
Then 3 hours later, you can look like a perfect little lady all shinned up like a new penny....
Oh, and you can shoot a gun, and a bow and arrow....

You are everything that me and daddy hoped for
And we hope that you achieve all of your dreams...  

You are my only daughter forever, and always...
Love Mom

1 comment:

  1. My heart is full !! Such a loving letter from Mother to Daughter, a letter to cherish FOREVER !!!!! FOREVER YOUR MAWMAW

    ReplyDelete

If ya'll liked it leave a comment...
If ya'll didn't like it just leave :)