There was an error in this gadget

Friday, June 21, 2013

I HAD NO IDEAL

I HAD NO IDEAL.....

Why couldn't someone tell me?

It's like it's some sort of secret, that mom's have.....

It's a secret that mom's keep, I think, in part to save you some pain....

I just wished that somebody would have clued me in....

How was I to know, just 18 short years ago, as I lay on the operating table, after 15 hours of labor.....That I would be in the pain, just the same?

I never dreamed that my Man-Child turning 18, could hurt so much......

Oh sure, I joke about it......saying things like "Get a job"......so he did......

Great, the one thing I was joking about, he actually did......

Maybe I should joke about him putting his dirty clothes in the basket.....maybe he'd do it then.

Maybe I should try turning back time, doing things differently.....worrying less, laughing more....

But isn't that how you should be with your first born child?

Worried? Scared? Is that a hungry cry or a I just pooped my pants cry.????

Calling your mom up in the middle of the night, to ask her (from 12 hours away) what she thought the cry meant?

And usually she was right.....

But it seems like in the blink of an eye, we went from newborn, to toddler, to preschooler, to elementary school, middle school, being a tweenager, and then finally the forever mouthing off teenager.

Then, he goes and turns 18........

How dare he? What? Why????

I know my sister Cheryl would say to me "Jamie, it's what you've been teaching him to do since birth..To grow up and be responsible, and polite"....

And she would be right (of course)......

My sister Cindy might say something along the lines of "Hey chick, you made it...He's 18, and you haven't killed him, and he hasn't killed you either, so you did good"....

My sister Vicky would probably just laugh at me.."And say, Yeah, you only have 6 more to go"......

My mother would just remind me, ever so gently, that I got married at 17......yikes!!! What was I thinking???

Well whatever I was thinking, I got Man-Child, and Girl-Child.........

I digress.....

Back to my question, Why does him turning 18 hurt?????

Can anybody answer me that???

No comments:

Post a Comment

If ya'll liked it leave a comment...
If ya'll didn't like it just leave :)